Consulting Services. Globally.
- We conduct both abridged and comprehensive site audits and reviews, as well as provide troubleshooting services around the world
- We assist with troubleshooting of metallurgical failures (and if & when necessary, we can refer customers to qualified metallurgical labs)
- We offer a competitive service of Monthly Review of Water Treatment Vendor chemical treatment reports and KPIs (this is on a contractual retention basis)
- Many types of consulting/troubleshooting work can be done via video conferencing
At iwtA, we have extensive experience in thermal power and co-generation plants as well as in the petrochemical, chemical process, pulp & paper and other industries. We have conducted many site-specific cycle/boiler, cooling and reverse osmosis chemistry reviews and audits.
We utilize proven and detailed methodologies to clearly identify key areas at risk in most types of plant (steam, cooling, membrane-based technologies, etc.); we then provide practical and detailed recommendations intended to lower the risk.
We offer internationally recognized expertise for troubleshooting and investigations of chemical treatment-related issues for:
- Heat recovery steam generators
- Conventional subcritical power industry boilers
- Industrial plant boilers (incl. waste-heat, transfer line exchangers, water-tube, fire-tube)
- Steam turbines
- Water treatment plant
- Cooling water systems
- Membrane-based systems (RO, NF, UF, MF, EDI)
We can provide expertise in the following areas as well as on-site support as needed:
- Assistance with the development of common sense, plant-specific bid specifications for chemical treatment programs (boiler, cooling, RO, etc.) so that vendor bids can be assessed on the same basis (this is a very neglected facet at many companies)
- Design reviews of water treatment plant equipment and chemical treatment programs
- Reviews of AE and EPC schematics and P&IDs for instrumentation, sampling, chemical feed systems
- Assessment of current and past cycle chemistry regimes
- Assistance with the interpretation and site application of international industry guidelines
- Recommendations for water/steam chemistry and purity requirements for all types of steam plant
- Layup procedures and guidelines for all types of water/steam touched equipment
- Main and auxiliary cooling water requirements (open recirculating, once-through and closed systems)
- Startup cleaning procedures
- Complete technical support for proposal development
- Plant Commissioning and Startup Services
- Monthly Review of Water Treatment Vendor chemical treatment reports and KPIs (this is on a contractual retention basis) – please contact us for more details.