27-Jan-2021 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
You must make the payment through the intermediary (Paypal or Stripe) in USD or other foreign currency subject to exchange rates and/or service commissions.
Deverá efectuar o pagamento ao intermediário (Paypal ou Stripe) em USD ou outra moeda estrangeira sujeita às taxas de câmbio e/ou comissões pelo serviço.
You can pay with either Stripe or PayPal, the world's 2 leading payment gateways. Both options are fully secure, and iWTA never have access to your card or PayPal account details.
Use Stripe to pay by credit card.
Press Pay now with Stripe. You will be taken to the Stripe website.
When you get to Stripe, enter your card details and press Pay.
Use PayPal to pay using your PayPal account.
Press Pay now with PayPal. You will be taken to the PayPal website.
At PayPal you can also pay by credit card. Click Pay with a Bank Account or Credit Card. Enter your card details, address and phone number, and press Pay. You will receive an SMS to confirm.
Online Courses / Webinars Withdrawal, Cancellation and Rescheduling
If you wish to withdraw from an online training event (online course or webinar), you must first advise us by email, and include the official payment receipt. Our policies regarding refunds are:
- You may cancel online-based training bookings at any time.
- If you cancel more than 10 (ten) business days before the training event: the full amount will be refunded minus a US$75.00 and a US$35.00 administration charge for an online course and webinar, respectively.
- If you cancel between 3 and 9 business days before the training event: 50% of the full amount paid will be refunded.
- If you cancel less than 3 (three) business days in advance: you can request a non-refundable credit, valid for 12 months from the date of the original payment, which can be applied to a different iwtA online course or webinar. Credits are transferable within your company – simply contact the Registrar at email@example.com with your request giving the name and email address of the co-worker taking your place.
- If an instructor is not available due to unforeseen circumstances, another instructor of equal ability (decided at the sole discretion of iwtA) will be substituted whenever possible; if a suitable instructor is unavailable, the course will be cancelled and rescheduled. iwtA reserves the right to cancel courses, change instructors, or change course content. If iwtA has to cancel a course due to unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be issued to the registrant.
- No training booking will be final and confirmed until the full amount is paid either by credit card or bank transfer.
A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to all participants that attend a given online course or webinar in its entirety.
The Industrial Water Treatment Academy (iwtA) is currently in the initial stages of seeking an ANSI-accredited international standard certification in Continuing Education that will enable iwtA to award Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to its course participants. We expect this milestone to be reached by 2023.
Luís Carvalho trading as Industrial Water Treatment Academy is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject - a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child - a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Luís Carvalho
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject's rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 10 years.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- Dynafish - our web developers
- Krystal Hosting - our web hosting providers
- PayPal - one of our payment processors
- Stripe - one of our payment processors
- Zoom - our webinar providers
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don't collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don't have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies - these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Phone: +351 21 392 84 00
Last modification was made January 24, 2021.
Industrial Water Treatment Academy (iwtA)
IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS OR CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Thank you for visiting our website. If you want to use www.iwtAcademy.com, you must agree to conform to and be legally bound by the terms and conditions described below. The Industrial Water Treatment Academy, henceforth referred as iwtA, is the sole owner of all Intellectual Property contained within and displayed in this website, including logos, downloadable collateral material such as but not limited to course marketing brochure, course & webinar content, etc.
All content on our website is owned by iwtA or our content suppliers & partners. On behalf of ourselves and our content suppliers, we claim all property rights, including intellectual property rights, for this content and you are not allowed to infringe upon those rights. We will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law anyone who attempts to use our property without our expressed written consent. You agree not to copy content from our website without our written permission. Any requests to use our content should be submitted to us by e-mail to info@iwtAcademy.com.
GENERAL COPYRIGHT NOTICE
This website and its contents are owned by iwtA. © Industrial Water Treatment Academy (iwtA), 2021. All rights reserved.
- You agree not to copy our copyrighted material without our prior written consent.
- Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk excerpts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge this website as the source of the material.
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- You agree not to use our trademarks, trade names, or other designations in any promotion or publication without our prior written consent.
- You agree not to assign, or otherwise transfer your rights under this Agreement without our prior written consent. Any attempt to do so is void.
- Neither of us is responsible for failure to fulfill any obligations due to causes beyond its control.
- Neither of us will bring a legal action (under this Agreement) more than one year after the cause of action arose.
- Any terms of this Agreement, which by their nature extend beyond its termination, remain in effect until fulfilled, and apply to respective successors and assignees.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
The information on our website is provided on a “as is” and ”as available” basis. You agree that your use of our website is at your sole risk. We disclaim all warranties of any kind. We do not warrant that our website will always be available, access will be uninterrupted, be error-free, meet your requirements, or that any defects in our website will be corrected. Information on our website should not necessarily be relied upon and should not to be construed to be professional advice from us. We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any of the information provided, and we are not responsible for any loss resulting from your reliance on such information. Under no circumstances will we be liable or responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential (including damages from loss of business, lost profits, litigation, or the like), special, exemplary, punitive, or other damages, under any legal theory, arising out of or in any way relating to our website, your website use, or the content, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Our total liability for any claim arising out of or relating to our website shall not exceed one hundred ($100) dollars and that amount shall be in lieu of all other remedies which you may have against us.
iwtA MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO RESULTS TO BE ATTAINED BY ATTENDING A COURSE OR WEBINAR PROVIDED BY iwtA OR ANY OF ITS GUEST INSTRUCTORS OR BY THE USE OF ITS OWN OR THEIR EDUCATION MATERIALS.
You understand and agree that you will indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising from your use of our website or your violation of these terms and conditions.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Any questions or concerns about these terms and conditions of use should be brought to our attention by e-mail to info@iwtAcademy.com, and providing us with information relating to your concern.
These terms and conditions, including the policies incorporated herein by express reference, constitute your entire agreement with us with respect to your use of our website. This Terms and Conditions of Use was last updated on 04-01-2021.
CANCELLATION CHARGES (ONLINE COURSES & WEBINARS, PUBLIC COURSES)
Refer to iwtA’s website for the Terms and Conditions of their cancellation conditions and charges, to be found under each individual product (online courses & webinars, in-classroom Public courses). Cancellation conditions and charges will be specified on the course/webinar web page or in the course/webinar brochure for the event.
Our users agree to not send spam and to adhere to all of the terms of service listed on this page.
We hate unsolicited commercial e-mail as much as you do. Also known as Spam or junk e-mail, it is a disservice to the Internet community. We fully endorse and comply with the requirements of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act), and all other applicable unsolicited commercial e-mail laws. If you subscribe to electronic newsletters or other communications from us or our website, you will always have an option to unsubscribe immediately.
If you have additional questions, comments or concerns, please contact us by sending an e-mail to info@iwtAcademy.com and providing us with information relating to your concern.
Please note that the content of this page can change without prior notice.
This Anti-Spam Policy was last updated on 04-01-2021.
TESTIMONIALS, CASE STUDIES & EXAMPLES
Testimonials, case studies, and examples that may be found at www.iwtAcademy.com are exceptional results, do not reflect the typical purchaser’s experience, do not apply to the average person and are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results. If we have disclosed typical results based on information provided to us by a manufacturer or other reputable third-party source, you should presume that the typical results as stated are more reliable than the testimonials and examples found at www.iwtA.com and related websites. However, you should always perform due diligence and not take such results at face value. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions in typical results information supplied to us by our partners, manufacturers or other reputable third parties.
EXTERNAL LINKS POLICY
Our website may periodically contain hypertext links to websites and other information created and maintained by other individuals and organizations. These links are only provided for your convenience. We do not control or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, relevance, or timeliness of any information or privacy policies posted on these linked websites. You should know that these websites may track visitor viewing habits. Unless otherwise expressly stated by us, hyperlinks to particular items do not reflect their importance, and are not an endorsement of the individuals or organizations sponsoring the websites, the views expressed on the websites, or the products or services offered on the websites. We permit links to our website if they do not imply an endorsement by, or affiliation with, our website. We review our website periodically for broken or out-of-date links. Any and all links may be posted, altered, or removed at any time. To report problems with links on our website, or for more information about this policy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that the content of this page can change without prior notice.
This policy was last updated on 04-01-2021.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All right, title, interest and ownership and intellectual property rights in and to the Site, iwtA trademarks and all templates, and PDF documents provided via the Site, including but not limited to its “look and feel” (e.g., text, graphics, images, logos, buttons, icons and the placement and layout thereof), images, video, audio, data, content, software (including html-based computer programs) and other media, material or information are and will remain the property of iwtA. The Site is protected under Canada, United States and international copyright, trademark and other laws and treaties. You acknowledge that any ideas, suggestions, concepts, processes or techniques which you provide to iwtA related to the Services, the Site or iwtA or its business (“Feedback”) shall become iwtA property without any compensation or other consideration payable to you by iwtA, and you do so of your own free will and volition. iwtA may or may not, in its sole discretion, use or incorporate the Feedback in whatever form or derivative iwtA may decide into the Site, its software, services, documentation, business or other products, or any future versions or derivatives of the foregoing. You hereby assign all rights on a worldwide basis in perpetuity to iwtA in any Feedback and, as applicable, waive any moral rights. iwtA owns any test results, data information and other output generated by your use of the Site and/or the Services during the term of this Agreement.
ACCEPTABLE USE AND CONDUCT
You agree that that you will not publish or make available any Content that, or use the Site in a manner that:
- (a) infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property or proprietary rights;
- (b) contains software viruses, Trojan horses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- (d) is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- (e) is libellous or defamatory, or that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or is invasive of another’s privacy;
- (f) is harmful to minors in any way;
- (g) is hateful or discriminatory based on race, colour, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable, as reasonably determined by iwtA;
- (h) impersonates an iwtA employee, or any other person, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to the Site or a portion thereof without proper authorization;
- (i) interferes or attempts to interfere with the proper working of the Site or prevents others from using the Site, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to the Site, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons’ ability to use the Site, or inadvertently or intentionally disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of the Site or any other site or system in use by another user of iwtA;
- (j) uses any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to monitor or copy the Site or the content contained therein;
- (k) facilitates the unlawful distribution of copyrighted Content;
- (l) licences, sublicences, rents or leases the Services to third parties, uses the Services for third party training, commercial time-sharing or service bureau use, or otherwise makes the Services available to third parties or otherwise commercially exploits the Services;
- (m) includes personal or identifying information about another person in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through the Site to users;
- (n) constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests;
- (o) stalks or otherwise harasses anyone on the Site or with information obtained from the Site;
- (p) collects, uses or discloses data, including personal information, about users without their informed consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- (q) requests, solicits or otherwise obtains access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any user of the Site for the purposes of automating logins to the Site;
- (r) attempts to gain unauthorized access to the computer systems of iwtA or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of the Site;
- (s) posts adult or pornographic Content;
- (t) decompiles or reverse engineers or attempt to access the source code of the software underlying the Site, the Services or any other iwtA technology;
- (u) copies, archives, stores, reproduces, rearranges, modifies, downloads, uploads, creates derivate works from, displays, performs, publishes, distributes, redistributes or disseminates all or any part of the Site;
- (v) accesses the Site for the purposes of building a product using similar ideas, features, functions, interface or graphics as those found in the Site;
- (w) accesses the Site for the purposes of monitoring its availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes; or
- (x) accesses the Site to upload any Content or computer code for the purposes of: (i) causing a breach of security to the Site; (ii) interfering with the proper working, functionality or performance of the Site; or (iii) preventing others from accessing or using the Site.
THIRD-PARTY SITES AND CONTENT
The iwtA Site may permit you to link to other websites or resources on the Internet, and other websites or resources may contain links to the Site. These other websites are not under iwtA control, and you acknowledge that iwtA is not responsible or liable for any third-party content, including but not limited to the accuracy, integrity, quality, usefulness, legality, appropriateness, safety or intellectual property rights of or relating to such third-party content or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by iwTA or any association with its operators. You further acknowledge and agree that iwtA shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such third-party content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource. Access and use of third-party sites, including the information, material, products and services on third party sites or available through third party sites, is solely at your own risk.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS
iwtA may make changes to his Agreement from time-to-time. When these changes are made, iwtA will make a new copy of the Terms of Services available at https://iwtacademy.com/terms-and-conditions/ and any new additional terms will be made available to you from within, or through, the affected Services. You understand and agree that if you use the Services after the date on which the Agreement was modified or additional terms added, iwtA will treat your use as acceptance of the updated or modified Agreement.
The terms of this policy may change from time to time. If you disagree with the changes that have been made, please contact us (by e-mail, using a website contact form, or in writing by mail), and any changes made to this policy will not apply to information we have collected from you prior to making the changes.
If you are concerned about the topic covered by this policy, you should read it each time before you use our website. Any questions or concerns about this policy should be brought to our attention by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and providing us with information relating to your concern.